Sunday, July 18, 2010

Carl Edwards is a P**sy

I am not a big NASCAR fan- it's more entertainment than it is racing, or as I just put it in a discussion group, NASCAR is to racing what the WWF is to Olympic wrestling. 

But here we have Carl Edwards intentionally hitting another racer, in this case, his old nemisis Brad Keselowski.  On the last lap of the race today, he hit him, causing a wreck that took several cars out of the race.  Here's what he had to say:

“I just couldn’t let him take the win away from me…We had a great restart…We came to the checkered flag, and I hate to see stuff tore up, but we came here to win and he took it from there in turn 1…I’m sure some of them don’t like that win, Brad Keselowski fans and stuff, but man, I just couldn’t let him take it away from me. I had to do what I had to do,” said the unremorseful Edwards as he celebrated in victory lane at Gateway.

So besides Carl having a problem stringing two sentences together in something approximating English, he's saying "Hey, it's ok to cheat." because intentionally causing a crash is cheating. 

NASCAR won't do anything about it because the spectacle of another Edwards vs. Keselowski incident sells tickets and NASCAR is having trouble selling tickets at the moment.

The first big dust up,  last year at  Atlanta, put Keselowski's car into the debris fence, putting spectators at real risk.  I hope that spectators are not injured, but if they are injured or worse as a result of intentional contact, then I sincerely hope they sue Edwards and NASCAR into bancruptcy.

Finally - Carl, be a man.  If you have a problem with Keselowski, take it behind the garage, just you and Keselowski.  Don't endanger other people, don't ruin other racers' finishes and cost those teams money for repairs and lost earnings.  But Carl won't.  Cause he's a p**sy.

No comments: